The Park Slope Armory Shelter needs volunteers!
From Brad Landers’ Facebook:
Thank you to the 100s of volunteers this past week. You have been amazing. BUT, the need continues with even more residents moving in tonight! Came out and work a shift or two at the Park Slop Armory. Volunteering is easy, rewarding and they need you! The staff is so happy to see enthusiastic, willing volunteers showing up throughout the day and night BUT they need more! So spread the word, post it on any sights, bring a friend and head out to the armory!
– Park Slope Armory is located at 361 15 street between 7th and 8th avenues.
– This shelter houses about 300-350 people from 2 nursing homes in the Rockaways. Mostly a senior population, many with health challenges.
– They can use 50 volunteers a day and 40 at night! Volunteers help with general support, food preparation, daily routines, meals, social support and logistics.
– Volunteers shifts last at least 4 hours. During the day, come any time. At night, they need volunteers as well. Think about coming for one of 3 nighttime shifts:
• 4:00am-8:00am ( Double shifts are welcome!)
• Anyone interested in volunteering should show up and report to the volunteer desk. You will receive a 20 minute training/orientation and more training depending on your assignment.
• Things to know: Where comfortable clothes, no photos and no kids (sorry).
• Donations: they need food for the staff and volunteers. So if you want to cook, bake or bring some good healthy food for the staff that works around the clock! They would be most appreciative.